Thursday, July 9, 2009

The loves of my life...


Leah had her 9 month check up today and is meeting all her milestones. I can't believe she is 9 months old already. In 4 short months she is going to be a big sister. Pure craziness. Her stats today: 20 pounds, 11 1/2 ounces and 29 1/2 inches long. That puts her in the 80th percentile for weight and 98th for height. Unfortunately, like her brother, she inherited my big head. Literally. Her head size is in the 100th percentile. She has 7 teeth now and is no longer our little vampire. She has 4 teeth on top and 3 on bottom. (Max only had 1 tooth at this age!). Leah is such an easy baby. So far I'm 2 for 2. What are the chances #3 is going to be just as easy? Her next big adventure will be crawling. She wants to so bad but can't seem to coordinate her arm and leg movements. She gets frustrated that she can't get around. She is my little bundle of sweetness and melts my heart on a daily basis.


Max is having a blast this summer. He has become mister social and is always asking "what friend do I get to see today." He has a memory like no other but even more impressive to me is how well he comprehends things. He is challenging me on many different levels. I find myself struggling to answer some of his questions. Where is heaven? When do we get to go there? Why can't we see Jesus? And the toughest one? Is Michael Jackson in heaven? True story.

He has been to Vacation Bible School twice this summer already and is looking forward to his 3rd session. He is constantly asking me when does he get to go to school. This has been a tough decision for me. I think he is so ready and felt like I had no choice but to send him when he asked me one day, "Mom, when do I get to go to school and learn things?" The problem is the preschool I wanted to send him to is full (which is about two miles away) and I'm nervous about having two little ones to get ready in the morning along with Max and then driving 10miles into town. I know that sounds pathetic but it just wouldn't make sense to drive into town and then back again to then turn around to go pick him up 2 hours later. Get my drift? I'd have to find errands to run. But motherhood is full of sacrifices, right? And he is so worth it!

I've really enjoyed watching the relationship between Max and Leah grow. Max gets so excited to see Leah in the morning when she wakes up or after a nap. She just thinks he is the cats meow. I'm truly blessed to be a mother to these two beautiful kids.

There is not much to report on Baby #3 other than we're expecting another girl! Our first, very early ultrasound, thought that it was a boy. My official ultrasound said a girl! I'm 22 weeks pregnant and so far, so good. I really shouldn't complain about being pregnant but the last half is the half that is so hard on me. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook and praying for God's strength!

I love these kids so much and I'm so thankful to be there mommy. My prayer is for God's guidance in raising them and that he protects them and grants them good health. They are so special and all that I ever dreamed of!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

hey denise, what was your answer to michael jackson going to heaven? me and jon are dying to know lol. hows everything up there? i miss ya and love ya, tell everyone i say hi and send hugs! -- sarah