Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Twas the night before...

....C-Section and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except for me who was dusting, laundering, packing, organizing, cleaning and panicking.  It's amazing how long I've been looking forward to this day and how much I still have yet to do.  Well, I'm pretty much done now.  I think I've got Max and Leah's stuff squared away for the next few days... clothes set out, diaper bag packed, etc.  My bags are packed... it seems I've packed a little lighter with each hospital visit!  I got my hair cut today because I'm fairly convinced it will be a at least a couple of months before I can leave the house.   Juggling all three kids and trying to fend of all uninvited H1N1 attacks might just be a bit overwhelming at first.  Max and I had a much needed "date" today.  We went to the movies and pigged out on popcorn and Butterfingers!  It was so nice just to spend time with him.  We were the only two in the theater, or feeater as Max calls it, and had a great time goofing off while watching Astro Boy. 

My family graciously chipped in money to have someone come and give my house a top to bottom cleaning.  She came over today to check things out... of course I spent the better part of the morning "pre-cleaning" so she didn't think we lived like pigs.  It will be so nice to come home to a spic and span cleaned house!

The past few weeks I've been so busy that I really haven't had much time to be anxious about becoming a mom of three.  The night before I went to the hospital to have Leah, I layed in bed and cried because I was so worried how Max would adjust and would I be able to give him all that he deserves.  While I'm not crying this year, I'm still a bit anxious.  Of the two kids I worry that Max will be "neglected" the most.  He is the most independent and the younger two will still be so dependent on me/us.  Rob and I have already talked about how we will have to make a concerted effort to spend time just with him.  As for Leah, I feel like I haven't had her as my "baby" long enough.  She is still so young and I want to enjoy every single second of her babyhood.  I'm in awe of how much love a person can have for their children.  Someone I know once voiced concern about having enough love for both of her children.  Would she be able to love her second child as much as the first?  It is so true that your love is multiplied and not divided.  I'm so in love with my kids and can't wait for this feeling to be tripled!  I'm expecting some challenges along the way but know that in the long run... it's all gonna be alright!  I'm not the first at this and I"m surely not the last!

T-minus 13 1/2 hours!

1 comment:

Mem said...

What lovely words! You're a great mom, and I am so proud of you. Since you were small, you wanted to have a big family and I am happy that your dream came true. Things are going to be fine. The good thing is that Leah will always have a playmate. And what girl didn't want to have an older brother growing up??? ;-)