I've never heard of mono tasking but I have to tell you... I like it a lot. I normally pride myself as being a great multi tasker. I think this comes more naturally to women then men and what mom doesn't multi task throughout their day? I read an article from my Focus on the Family magazine Thriving Family about this topic. Here is an excerpt:
"The world of motherhood is one of perpetual motion. Calendars with no blank days. "To do" lists that do not end. Spring cleaning that runs deep into August. But multitasking isn't just a solution for improved productivity; it's a value statement that says more is always better and quiet times are unproductive times. I suspect that God couldn't agree with this less. The bible does not say, "He leadeth me in the paths of astounding productivity and dizzying accomplishment whereby He is exceedingly impressed." No, God wants us to lie down in green pastures; and He wants to lead us beside still waters to restore our souls."
I think in an attempt to be all and do all, I have never learned the art of mono tasking. Mastering this would be a perfect gift for me and my family. One of these days life will slow down a bit but until then I don't want to miss those opportunities to go frog hunting or cricket catching because I'm trying to cook dinner, fold clothes, pay bills or return phone calls. I know these things need to get done for a household to function but I'm going to try to multi task less and mono task more. I want to find my green pasture and still waters. It's all about what's important... and for me it's Rob, Max, Leah and Sarah.
No comments:
Post a Comment