Monday, August 16, 2010

Cheap Therapy

When I first joined Facebook I had a love / hate relationship with it.   As I started getting more familiar with it and spent more time on it, I caught some slack from Rob.    Rob would throw out a comment here or there about  my new "addiction."  It's true, I spent more time on it than I should have; more than I needed.  But now, I almost think of it as a life line of sorts.  Sound extreme?  I don't think so.  With 261 "friends" now, many of them are women and are moms.   Many of them, I'm learning, are in the same boat facing the same struggles and feeling the same sense of parenting failure.   It's reaffirming when I post about my mounds of laundry, elusive organization skills, messy house, or feelings of failure as a parent and I receive responses that my "friends" have the same problems and struggles.  They, too, are feeling overwhelmed with all that being a mother entails.  I'm not alone.  So, if you think about it,  my addiction is actually therapy.  And it's pretty darn cheap.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Sooo true! I feel the same way! And if you must know, there are now only 3 bathroom drawers in the middle of my living room. It's like we're ready for guests or something. . .

I love being able to stay in touch with you through our online addictions! I value our friendship!