Monday, November 15, 2010

Gearing up.

Hello Monday.  Of all the days of the week, you are my least favorite.  Nothing personal, we just don't jive that well.  I need a day after the weekend madness to just ease into the week and you just don't afford me that luxury.  I'd really like to trade you in for another Sunday.  Oh, what I'd give for another day of rest.  Maybe if I actually "rested" on Sunday, I could be more cordial to you, Monday.

This week is no different that any of the more recent ones but for some reason I feel like I really need to gear up for the busy-ness that's around the corner.  I work Monday, Thursday and Friday this week.  That really chews up most of the week.  On Tuesday I am making 10  chicken-broccoli-stuffing casseroles for my  meal exchange at work.  Wednesday is chock full of errands preparing for the kids birthday party with my side of the family on Saturday and Rob's side of the family on Sunday.  Somewhere in there I need to do laundry, clean the house, make some food and maybe throw in a kid cleaning x3.  I've learned when I look at the whole week and all that needs to be done, it looks much worse than if I just take it one day at a time.  “Two things I ask of you, O LORD; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. . .” Proverbs 30: 7-9, NIV.


It's going to be busy, but it's also going to be a great week!

No comments: