Where to begin. Well, since my last real post we sold our house and moved into Rob's childhood home. Max started and finished Kindergarten. We celebrated Max, Leah and Sarah's 6th, 3rd and 2nd birthdays. We painted. A lot. I dropped from full to part time at the hospital. We adopted a rabbit. (Max arrives while typing and says, "Write that I've become such a farm boy.") Max has become such a farm boy. And he has a stinky butt (my own 2 cents). Life is busy, my house is mess, the laundry is piled. Life is good.
When I first sat down to start this update, about 90 minutes and 11 sentences ago (thanks to life's little "interruptions"), my kids and the neighbor kids were jumping on the trampoline; their laughter contagious. Rob was cleaning his truck. The sun was shining; the breeze gentle. Now the kids are tucked in and the sky is a blushing pink. The crickets are chirping and the I can hear the rumble of the farm tractor across the street. Off in the distance I hear the whirr of cars as they travel on the highway. Occasionally a jet flies overhead. Yet it is so peaceful here. The view is of freshly planted fields and old red barns. The feeling is of sitting in a bit of history; of bygone days.
Rob grew up in this house; on this farm. It is full of memories for him. For me, my history is only 8 months old yet feels deeper, like I was meant to live here. The first half of my life was spent traveling and moving. The last half of my life will be here, raising my children in the same house in which their father was raised.
Finding the time, and more importantly, the energy, to update this blog over the past 8 months was at the bottom of my list. But now school is out and summer is gracing us with her beautiful weather. So let's start where I left off. Tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment