I've recently been made aware of a blogging assignment floating around the blogging world that has you sum up your life in six words. I thought this sounded interesting and after reading how fellow bloggers described their life I decided to come up with my six. It took me less than 2 minutes. Seriously. It might not be creative but when I reflected on my life and try to figure it out. this is what I came up with:
Accepting the past; Loving my now.
Initally, I almost tossed my first six in search of something that sounded less melodramatic. But then I started thinking and realized this is really how I feel. Let me first start off by saying that I did not have an aweful childhood. I wasn't starved, neglected or beaten. But it wasn't a childhood that I would wish for my children. The point of this is not to go into details or to toss blame but rather to say that, honestly, I wouldn't change a thing. To do so, I believe, would change the cascade of events that made me who I am. I am a work in progress, that much I know. I'm learning everyday what it means to be a wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend. One doesn't go through life's experiences without the effects of those experiences, good and bad, having an impact who they are and who they are to become. I'm happy with who/what I've become. That brings me to the second half of my six- Loving my now. I love my life. Today I watch my son run buck naked through the sprinklers in pure, unadultered joy. I was sitting next to my husband and we watched with absolute love as he laughed and giggled. As we sat in lawn chairs on our front lawn, we inventoried our life and remarked at how fortunate and blessed we have been. I believe that everything happens for a reason and that God doesn't close one door without opening another. My past has given me my now... and I couldn't be happier.
1 comment:
Beautifully put ;-)
Post a Comment