It's been a long time since we've seen each other but I've recently been reaquainted with my old friend Sleep. I cannot even begin to tell you how nice it is to sleep and stay asleep. My doctors partner prescribed 10 Ambien with instructions to talk with my doctor if I need more. I will be begging and pleading at my next visit. I'm talking about hands and knees begging. I used to take this medicine when I worked the night shift. It's a crazy little pill... or at least makes me a little whacky. The last time I took Ambien I had fallen asleep on the couch watching a Rescue 911 type show. Rob woke me up to tell me to go to bed. I looked at him like he was crazy and told him that I couldn't sleep when there was a man trapped between 2 bridges that needed rescuing. I was serious and the thought I had seriously lost it. What I like about it is it works super fast and I don't have the groggy feeling the next day. The other night I took a pill and watched some tv. When I started to feel the effects I decided to check on Max (like I do everynight before I turn the lights out.) Well, I looked at him and thought he looked like an 8 year old instead of a 2 year year old. I was somewhat convinced that someone was sleeping in his bed. I woke Rob up and told him he needed to check on Max. He asked why and I told him my theory. He was less than amused but did check on Max. I'm sure he was thinking, "here we go again."
I've also had 3 visits with a chiropractor. Initally I had mixed results but today I feel awesome. I am in the middle of a 16 hour shift and the first 12 were actually a breeze. I am starting to get a little sore and tired but I've only 3 hours left. We've been so busy tonight that the time has really flown.
I'm sure it won't last for the rest of the pregnancy but it certainly is nice to report feeling good and not miserable! Maybe all I needed was a little back cracking and some sleep. Let's hope.
3 comments:
Glad you're feeling better, and finally getting some rest :-)
Isn't there a sleeping pill out there without the crazy side effects? I know, you don't care, you just want to be happy that your sleeping better. It's okay, because it wont be long and sleep will once again be a distant memory. Hopefully you get a refil and that distant memory doesn't start until after the baby is born.
You still don't know what your having? Is it driving you crazy everyday wondering? It would me.
I was laughing through that one. I am sure that Rob got quite a chuckle out of those events. I hope that you find a way to continue to sleep through the rest of your pregnancy. Good luck!
Post a Comment