Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh what a day!

And it' not even over with! Leah had her 4 month appointment today. She weighed 15 pounds and is 26 inches long. That puts her in the 80th percentile for weight and
98th for length. Everything seems to be right on track developmentally. The only bad news we got was that she has an ear infection. I thought that she might. She has had a cold/cough and runny eyes for the past month. Just this week though she seemed to turn the corner. Nevertheless, it's just an ear infection. Max has never had one... hopefully Leah isn't going to be the opposite!

After the appoitment I cruised over to Meijer pharmacy drive thru to drop off her prescription and then to Target to get a new pair of sunglasses. I met my sister and niece and nephew there and lunch in their little cafe. So far, so good, right? Well, I got to my car and had a dead battery. There are worse inconvienences but when you have a baby that wants to eat and a toddler who just pooped his pants, it really ranks up there! Rob can't rescue me because his truck is on the hoist getting an oil change and some brake work done. Fortunately my brother-in-law works just minutes away and bailed me out! So, I whiz through the pharmacy drive through and then to get gas. I really wanted to stop by this consignment shop so I decided to change Max's pull up. Otherwise, I would have been mean and made him wait until we got home. I hate public bathrooms so I usually just change him in the back of the Expedition...even if it's only 25 degrees out! At this point his little "wenis" freezing and falling off was no concern to me. Man, oh man. If I had only known. This wasn't an ordinary poopy diaper. This was one that spread down one leg and onto his sock and, of course, all over the inside of his jeans. At this point he is freezing. I told him I didn't want to hear a peep because it was his choice to use his pull up instead of the toilet! I scrubbed off what I could and left the rest.

So, now we're semi clean and off to the consignment store to try and find a little fleecy snow suit type thing for Leah. After what seems like an eternity of searching, but in all reality was probably a couple of minutes, I asked the sales person to point me in the right direction. She informed me that the outerwear stuff was at the other store. Seriously. I asked her if there was a way I could find out what each store carried so I can make sure to go to the right one. She said there wasn't any rhyme or reason and "you'll just have to make sure you shop when you have time to go to both of the stores." I have some stuff there that I'm selling on consignment. That comment plus the fact that they have jacked up their prices makes me want to boycott them. But that reminds me of my dad when he parked his car illegally at Montgomery Wards and then decides to boycott them when they tow his car. I'm not going there!

But now I'm home and all is well. It's just another day and there's always tomorrow! And I have a new pair of sunglasses.

2 comments:

Ethan's Mom said...

Oh my gosh Denise! You and your adventures! I had a great laugh...sorry it was at your expense! I'm quite pissed to hear about the "consignment" store that your talking about, I had no idea that they raised their prices and how stupid to have no "rhyme or reason!" I guess that would make to much sense to people that don't have all day to look around "both" stores! Seriously!

Brandi said...

Oh my Denise, what a day! It really does not get much worse than that! :)I hear you about the consignment shop... I have many things of that nature happen there too! It is very frustrating!