Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My limit.

I've always believed that God doesn't give more than one can handle. I'm fairly convinced that is not entirely true any more. I've met my match. If I have to change another poopy diaper that was produced by Max I might just go psycho. I was really close this morning when I changed the first one. Probably would have lost it about 2 hours later when I changed the second one but was in a public place and well, you know, I didn't want to read in the local paper the next day about the lady who went crazy because her son pooped. The third time... well, I was saved by my friend that was with me. She's a first time mom and I just didn't think that going boncos and doing whatever else I was capable of at that time was setting a good example. I'm at home right now... in my own little sanctuary... don't test me!

Anyone know of a poop training boot camp? Money is not a barrier. I will make my money back by not having to by pull ups!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Hey Denise.....Ugh! I fell for you. Gavyn had a little trouble with that too. It is so tough for them to poop for some unknown silly reason! Advise?! I used bribery! I bought Hotwheel cars on the big packages....Let him see them and then put them up high (but where he could see me put them), told him if he was a big boy & went potty on the big boy potty he could have one, and one for each time he went! It worked! And fast too!

Brandi said...

I mean I FEEL for you, haha!

Amy Kleinheksel said...

Hey girl,

I can totally relate with you...it is such a struggle. One thing we tried with H was to have him clean himself up and take care of everything. He didn't enjoy that at all. Granted I cleaned him up after awhile. but believe me H did not like having to do it himself. I also agree with the prize situation what is something big that he wants right now put it where he can always see it.

I hope this helps!!

Ethan's Mom said...

I'm obviously not there yet, but I read that reverse psychology sometimes works. They know you REALLY WANT them to do it and they enjoy having control of the situation. One mom said her to her son who wanted to be a pirate, "they only let boys who poop on the potty become a pirate so I really hope that you DON'T start pooping on the potty b/c I don't want you to be a pirate". She said he trained in 3 days! Another one I heard is to have a 2 reward jars on the counter to go towards a toy or whatever. The trick is that Mom and Dad have to get really excited about when THEY go potty and get to put a coin from one jar into the reward jar "yay, mommy went poopy in the potty, now I get to put a quarter in the jar!!!" They really want to join in the fun so the poop too! I don't know if either will work, but they sounded like good ideas too me!!