Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday's Food for Thought

I've decided to try something new. I'm so tired of posting about poopy diapers and other grumblings that I am going to dedicate Friday's to posting about something I enjoy! Cooking! One of my favorte magazines for quick and easy recipes is the Kraft Food and Family.

A couple of days ago I tried this Weeknight Lasagna Toss and it was a hit!

1 pound beef (I used turkey)
2 green peppers chopped
1 small onion (I added this!)
3 cloves of garlic, minced (I buy the stuff in a jar)
1 jar of sphaghetti sauce
2 cups of water
1/4 cup Zesty Italiam Dressing
12 lasagna noodles broken into quarters
1 cup of motzerella cheese

Brown meat in pan, drain. Add green peppers, onions and garlic. Cook about a minute or two. Add spaghetti sauce and water and dressing. Add noodles. Cover and cook on medium low apprx 20-25 minutes until noodles are tender, stirring occassionally. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!

One more more recipe to share! This is one of my all time favorites! And it's healthy! I found this recipe years ago in a magazine and have made it many times.

I TOTALLY SKIP THE PARSNIP STEP. IT WAS CUMBERSOME AND WHAT THE HECK IS A PARSNIP ANYWAY?

TUNA PATTIES AND DILL SAUCE

Don't let the number of ingredients scare you. This is really easy and oh, so yummy!

Please think about leaving me feedback if you try any of these recipes! I'd love to know how you like it!

2 comments:

Jamey said...

I love that magazine!! I have gotten tons of recipes out of it that are good, easy, and the kids like them. I will definately try this one and let you know what we think.

Rachel Mitchell said...

Good Idea Denise-

I am trying to get back into blogging again!!!