Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday's Food for Thought

I've been waiting to share this recipe! It is the bomb of summer salad recipes! I would never had made this salad because cranberries and sunflower seeds don't belong in a salad... at least that's what I used to think! This is a must try!

Tortellini Salad

32-38 oz bag frozen cheese tortellini
* Cook for 2-3 minutes in boiling water; drain, rinse, stir in a dash of olive oil, and chill

1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 pack bacon, cooked and crumbled (or more, to taste)
1 large head broccoli, cut into small pieces
1 small or 1/2 large red pepper, cut into small strips
1 small or 1/2 large orange pepper, cut into small strips
1/2 large red onion, finely chopped
* Mix with chilled tortellini; keep chilled until ready to add dressing

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
6 tsp apple cider vinegar (I use 6tsp, or even a little more, because I like the tartness)
* Whisk until smooth; chill; mix into pasta and vegetables immediately before serving.

1 comment:

Ethan's Mom said...

MMMMMMMMMMM Sounds fabulous! Can't wait to try it!! Love your "food for thought" idea, I need all the help I can get!!