Wether it is just a coincidence that I finally decided to do something about my weight on the first day of the first month of the year or a New Year's Resolution, I don't know. I'm so sick of failing, though, that I am participating in 2 weight loss challenges as well as joined weight watchers on-line. Talk about holding myself accountable.
First off, I LOVE Weight Watchers on-line! It is so easy to use, chock full of useful information and there is an app for my phone. I really like that I can keep track of what I eat! I really hate that I have to pay for it though! I know, I can use the old fashioned pen and paper but the likelihood of me keeping up with that is next to nil.... and did I mention they have an app for my phone?
Secondly, I am participating in the Emergency Department's rendition of The Biggest Loser. This is going on for 8 weeks. We pay money to join and then again if you gain weight at your weekly weigh-in. In the end, the "pot" is split between who lost the most weight and who lost the most inches.
The third and biggest commitment I made was joining a body transformation challenge at a gym where I
work-out hold a membership. So far I've been donating money to the gym rather than using it! But that has all changed now. I have committed to working out 3 days a week with a personal trainer for 10 weeks. This was NOT cheap. I talked it over with Rob and he gave me his blessing but with a promise that I follow through "and meet your goal." Three days a week with a personal trainer, big deal right? Well, three days week with a personal trainer at SIX A.M. IS a BIG DEAL! Especially when you're me and one, are not a morning person to begin with and two, don't get home until 11:30pm on days that I work. I finished week one with mixed feelings. I was so happy that I decided to do this and I was amazed how how just one week could already make a difference in how I felt. On the other hand, I was completely frustrated and disappointed with myself after Friday's initial testing session. I can't believe how out of shape I am and that I let myself get this bad! I was in tears.
But I know that I'm doing the right thing! And I've been reassured by my trainer that I will see "changes beyond your expectations." His quote of the week: "Don't focus on the results. Focus on the change and the results with come."
So, week one is done and week two about to begin! Here's to focusing on C H A N G E!
1 comment:
Wow girl - you go! I thought yesterday at church you looked great! You are beautiful inside and out always darling! It is a great feeling to know you are creating a healthy body though!
Post a Comment