Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A mom cop out.

I'm copping out of motherly duties tomorrow.  It isn't without a bit of guilt but rather out of complete necessity that I am sending the kids to the sitter tomorrow so I can clean this pig sty I am living in and to pack for our little camping vacation.  It's definitely talking the easy way out but if I can force myself to stay motivated and not take a nap, I can have the house cleaned in half the time I would if I had the kids here.  Not only do they follow me around the house like I'm mamma duck but they constantly want to "help."  Thoughtful?  Yes.  Helpful?  Not really!

The house is disgusting.  There is no other word for it.  There is food on the floor, dirty dishes in the sink, clothes everywhere but in the closets and dressers,  and the toilets are suffering from a terrible case of ring-around-the-toilet.  What's  grosser than gross?  Denise's toilets, that's what.

Anyway, that's what I have planned.  My guilt is slightly alleviated knowing that I will get to spend all week with my little munchkins cramped cozied up in a little camper.  We will have lots of bonding time.  Lots.

2 comments:

Laura Ryan Caden Will Kamryn said...

Denise you crack me up!!! i think that you are doing exactly what other mothers do in order to catch up on the tornado's that we call our kids. :)

Have fun camping!

Ethan's Mom said...

Hahaha! You are too funny! I have often thought of doing the same thing! Now that you have, I may have to follow suite!!!