Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Epic Fail

It is 83 degrees and sunny outside.  Absolutely a perfect day. A day that we have been waiting for all winter and this very long spring.  And in my books it's been an epic failure.  How can I manage to ruin this day?  First off, I'm am not going to win any mother of the year awards for the way I've handled any part of today.  I started they day off lounging around.  Max was questionably sick this morning so I kept him home from school.  When it became obvious that he wasn't sick I decided to run errands.  The kids were crabby.  I've learned not to ask their opinions on anything.  They can never agree and most of the time purposefully disagree with each other.  Then I become the bad person because I have to choose and make the ultimate decision which usually makes  some one sad or mad.  We went out to lunch and to the store to grab stuff for dinner.  All I heard was, "Can I have this?"  "Why not?"  "Just this?"  No, No, and NO!  Never once did I hear a thank you.  The kids were bickering with each other and someone was always crying.  I bought a bike at a garage sale for Leah and she furrowed her brows and very gruffly said, "I'm NOT going to ride it."  Seriously?  So we get home and I'm on the verge.  On the verge of what I'm not sure but I was certainly on the verge.  I told the kids they need to stay outside and play.  More tears.  "But there are bee's out there and you know I don't like bees."  WHERE HAVE I GONE WRONG?  How have I managed to raise kids that feel so entitled?  Am I really going to have to lock them outside?   I feel like I'm losing every battle with them lately.  Right now they are in their rooms "playing."  I think they are too scared to come out!  :-)  After I got home I sat down and thought, "I need advise."  "Who should I call?"  "Who can I vent to?"  And then I thought to myself, "You can rant and rave to anyone you want but until you bring this before God nothing is going to change."  It's the first thing I think I did right today.  I am very quick to give God thanks but not so quick to bring my everyday issues before him.  Most likely because I have a patience problem and want answers NOW.  So, now that I'm done ranting and raving... I'm gonna ask for a little bit of help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Denise! If we could only learn to go to Him first!! Aunt Barbara