Thursday night was a mom and son event sponsored by Max's school. The last time Max and I went on a "date" he made a big deal about me not calling it a "date" which made me say "date" louder and more frequently and the I made a deliberate attempts at holding his hand and kissing him. You know, all the stuff that mom's can do that will embarrass their kids? That's what I did. So on the way to Craig's Cruiser, our date night destination, I told Max that I was so excited and had been looking forward to our "date" all day. I expected to hear "Moooommmmm!" But what I got was, "Me too, mom. I've couldn't stop thinking about it all day at school." Wooohooo! He still wants his mom!
We had the best time. I lost track how many times he told me he was having fun. We raced the go-carts. He won. We drove the bumper boats. I got soaked. We hit balls in the batting cage. I still got it. And we wasted money played in the arcade. I'm so thankful that his school encourages events like this. I've had good intentions of scheduling date nights with the kids, Rob with each of the girls and me with Max but we just never go in the routine of it. But after this I told Rob we are definitely going to do it. It's definitely a memory maker!
 |
| Me and my date |
 |
| Getting squirted |
 |
| How can I forget to mention we fed the fish? It's what nightmares are made of. |
No comments:
Post a Comment