OK, as you can see I've been working on making over my blog. Hopefully, I'll get this figured out and next time it won't take me a week to do it! By the way, thanks to Lori for answering all my questions! You've been a true blogger friend!
Anyway, now I'm just trying to figure out why my header is not centered. Anyone know?
Now to other stuff- My blogging has been put on the back burner. Our computer is in our unfinished basement. I rarely get an opportunity to get down here undisturbed. I try sneaking down while Max is watching cartoons but I swear that kid has a GPS system on me. As soon as I sit my butt in the chair I hear his sweet voice yelling from the top of the stairs, "Maaameeee" (that's how it's spelled if your yelling it, in case your wondering). If I manage to make it down here without Max taking an interest then Leah makes it known that she would like my attention. I think they're in cahoots (Is that the way you spell it?) I'm hoping and praying that I can get a laptop this winter. This is definitely a want and not a need but I really, really want one! And for those of you out there wondering... it's not just so I can blog! It's so I can Facebook, too! No, seriously, I use the computer for lots of stuff, important stuff, like finding good recipes to make and feed to my family and good deals on Craigslist. Ok, it's not really important stuff but lots of fun stuff.
Life has been good with two children. Max is turning 3 next month and is a little spitfire. This kid doesn't forget a thing, fortunately and unfortunately, sometimes. He's funny, creative, imaginative and too smart for his own good. He's a chatterbox and has quite the vocabulary. I'm amazed at what he comprehends. Rob and I have had to resort to speaking in code at times- it will be nice when we can figure out what the other person is saying though. I'm not too concerned. Max will probably figure it out before we master it!
Leah is our little "sweet hon," as Max calls her. She is a pretty easy baby. She has her moments, usually between 6pm and 9pm where she lets us know that she is in charge. She usually gets up 1-2 times at night- depending on when I fed her last- and goes right back to sleep. She is getting so big! I have definitely noticed that I don't take as many pictures of her as I did with Max. I'm going to make a more concerted effort to do so.
I'm about 1/2 way through my maternity leave. That just doesn't seem right. I'm fully of anxiety about going back to work. With Max I went back to the day shift. This time I'm going back to my evening shift of 5p-1a. Eventually Max slept through the night which meant I did to. Even if Leah is sleeping though the night (I'm praying!) I still will only get about 4 hours of sleep since I will get home around 2am and Max will be up by 6 or 6:30! Ahhhh! Fortunately, Rob doesn't work much in the winter so hopefully that will allow me a few more hours of sleep!
That's the update...
5 comments:
I can't believe your half way into your leave...it's gone so fast! I'm sure even faster for you! I was hoping to get together to scrapbook at least once before you came back!!! I really, really, really want a laptop too....probably won't happen for me but a girl can wish! Congratulations on your blog makeover....I need to figure it out!!
I'm glad things are going good. I was always anxious going back to work. I'm sure it will go fine though! That's nice that it's during Rob's slow time! I got a laptop about 1 1/2 years ago and I LOVE it. You can get one very reasonably and it's so worth the money!!
Hey sis, I love your new blog makeover. Oh, and regarding the laptop . . . Christmas is right around the corner. Why don't you write it on your wishlist to Santa ;-)
I used thecutestblogontheblock.com It's awesome and so stinkin' easy!!!
okay spill the beans, how'd you get that cool blog makeover?
Post a Comment