Monday, November 24, 2008

Is it just me...

or do all mom's feel like they are just treading water? I never feel that I am caught up. My to-do list is never done. The house is never clean. There is always laundry to do. Just as I get the kitchen cleaned up from one meal, it's time for the next. There are groceries to get, bills to pay, children to clean. I always feel like I'm playing catch up. Is there always something to do? I always wonder if I focus too much on all of that "stuff." In my ideal world I would like to have all that "stuff" done so I can sit down and truly focus on my children when we play instead of pretending I'm completely engaged when I'm really thinking about the next thing I need to do. I am so lucky that I have a hubby that is really helpful with the kids. I sometimes gripe that I need some time to myself and he is really good about honoring that request. It's what to do with that time that is hard. I feel like I SHOULD be checking things off the to-do list; I WANT to spend some time scrapbooking. I END UP laying on the couch and enjoying the complete silence.

I recently had a converstation with some friends about multi-tasking. I consider this one of my strong points. I love my hubby, but it's not one of his. Curious about whether this was a male/female thing I started asking around. It seems to be a mom thing. I don't know any guy that can talk on the phone while cooking dinner, fish car keys out of the toilet and still know what's going on on Oprah!

We mom's rock! We do what we do with love and devotion. I may not always be graceful about it but I wear motherhood like a badge of honor! So for me, I'm not going to worry about the BIG things and focus on my little things!

2 comments:

Ethan's Mom said...

AMEN sister!! Very well put! In fact, I should be starting dinner right now....but I'm blogging with my few more minutes to myself while Ethan's napping!

Anonymous said...

Hey sis! It's been two weeks and you haven't blogged . . .
What's up??? I really miss your commentary, but I know how busy you are. TC Love ya ;-)