Thursday, December 11, 2008

Whew!

Today I made 15 pounds of barbeque, 4 pounds of macaroni salad and 64 cupcakes! All while still in my pajamas! This Sunday is Leah's baptism and Max's 3rd birthday party. I usually procrastinate but I didn't have anything on the agenda today so I thought I'd get a head start. All I have to do now is put the BBQ in the crockpot and throw the macaroni salad together and lunch will be served. I do still have to decorate the cupcakes. I made Max's cake last year and decided to make it a tradition. Because there are going to be so many people I opted for cupcakes this year. I thought this was a clever idea! It's a good way to serve many and yet still easy to do. The Thomas the Train cake I made last year took forever to decorate, yet it was worth every minute! I just want the memories... for me and for Max. On Saturday I hope to get these cute little catepillars decorated and then drop everything off at church so Sunday morning isn't so crazy! Tomorrow I'm taking the day off and going to the mall with some girlfriends. It will be nice to let Max burn off some energy at the playland and I can finish up some last minute shopping.

Stay tuned for baptism and birthday pics!

2 comments:

Jamey said...

Wow, you have been busy!! Where did you find the time? I can't wait to see pictures of the baptism/birthday party!! Have fun!

Lori said...

Those cupcakes are cute, and don't look too hard to decorate. Good idea. There is no way I'd attempt to make and decorate a birthday cake.