Why both? Let me explain. To all veteran moms out there with 3 kids this is probably no big deal. But to me... I did it and survived and so did the kids. Today I packaged all three kids up (mind you, it is snowing outside and slushy and slippery) and headed to a play date I planned. I agree... not so big of a deal. But it is a lot or work and I managed to bring everything I needed (didn't forget a kid even!) and not leave anything, or a kid, behind. I had to mention the weather conditions because I still haven't mastered carrying the car seat with Sarah in it and Leah on my hip at the same time. (For Christmas I'm asking for an extra set of arms.) So this requires Leah, who loves to take her sweet time, to walk from point A to point B. The snow and slush make it a little more difficult and me a little more impatient. But, hey, we managed! Anyway, we left the playdate to take Sarah to the doctors for a check up. So just repeat the same loading and unloading story from the playdate and now I feel like a supermom... I've done it twice in a matter of hours and I haven't had to yell and the kids are still smiling!
P.S. The picture is of Max trying to catch a snowflake!
3 comments:
Ah, I remember carrying one kid on the hip and one in the baby carrier. Actually I've been doing that for 8 months. Tony is getting better at walking but still demands to be carried a lot, especially on steps.
Poor Max, don't worry, he will forgive you. Kids are great about that.
Denise, you are so funny!! And DON'T be so hard on yourself!! We ALL have 'bad mom' stories :) and somehow - most of these kids live to grow up into healthy pretty respectable adults!! haha... seriously - you are doing GREAT with your three. I almost joined you guys on friday morning but then just got busy at home enjoying my quiet house and getting things done. I'll find you all again next time and get my baby fix in!! I hope Max is feeling better by now and I LOVE the pic of him 'catching snowflakes'!! It is awesome! Hope to see you soon, ~dru
What? Shingles at three??? I always thought it was chicken pox but for seniors ;-) Hope he's all better now.
Post a Comment