Tuesday, February 23, 2010
40 days?
It's hard. THe floor and the challenge! What on earth am I talking about? Our small group has challenged each other to give up something for Lent. I decided to give up my bed. I wanted it to be something challenging; something I take for granted. I love T.V., my computer, the internet and Facebook. I could live without any of those. All of them? That might be a different story. I could not imagine spending the rest of my life sleeping on the floor. As I lay on the floor last night asking Rob who's brilliant idea this was (it was mine), I thought to myself, "What do you have to complain about? This floor is hard but it is not dirt; you have a blanket to keep you warm; a roof over your head to protect you and you are only doing this for 40 days!" I tried to keep in perspective that this is the way millions of people sleep and that I am so blessed to sleep on a bed. Yesterday we even took down our bed. We were planning on getting a new mattress this spring anyway so now our mattress are in the garage to get picked up by some lucky person (hope they like big ruts in the middle) and we have our new makeshift bed on the floor. Here is our "new" bedroom ensemble. When that new mattress arrives not only will I need it (smile) but I will be all the more thankful to have it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I still can't believe you gave up your bed. Now that's sacrifice.........
Your crazy, I would never.
i can believe you would do that - what a great idea... but when i read you took the whole bed out of the room and ROB is doing it TOO??? i pictured you on the floor with Rob on the bed :) Corey would never do that!! good for you guys!! that is awesome :)
Post a Comment