Monday, April 4, 2011

I love you this much...

For the past couple of weeks I've noticed that Max has been more intentional in saying I love you.  I mean he is actually initiating it rather than just replying with the obligatory "I love you too."  He especially makes an effort when Rob is leaving the house for work but has been doing it under other circumstances, too.

Today he said to me, "Mom, I love you all the way to the bottom of the ocean and to the sky and the clouds two times."  Earlier it had been "a gazillion, trillion, million times."   Then I comment with "Wow, that's a lot of love; I am so lucky!"  Then Leah says to me, "Mom, I love you all the way to Meijer and back."  At first I thought this was so cute and funny and then, as I started to think about it, my heart melted.  What was going through her sweet little head?  The words ocean, and clouds, and sky are all too abstract for her at 2 years of age.  I think the whole concept of measuring love is too abstract for her.  But her brother was naming off "places" and the only place she could think of was Meijer.  She was so proud of her "place," too.  If only they could stay so innocent.  I love LOVE my kids.


A picture I took in January that I never looked at until I downloaded it  on to the computer.
Penny for your thoughts?

No comments: