Happy Labor Day to everyone! According to the US Department of Labor, Labor Day "constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country." I'm spending the weekend working. While everyone else is BBQ'ing and enjoying one of the final weekends of summer I will be holed up in the ER contributing the the strength, prosperity... blah, blah, blah. Some days I love my job, other days I wonder what it is about it that is so good that I'm willing to work weekends and holidays. I'll have to think about that one.
Rob and Max are going up north for the weekend. I thought since it's my weekend to work already and it's my holiday I might as well really work. So I picked up some extra hours. I really didn't think it would be such a big deal to send my son off with his father but the departing conversation went something like this, "Uh, don't forget to put sunscreen on him, it's in the diaper bag, with an extra change of clothes." "Make sure he doesn't get to close to the water unless you're there. I don't want him to drown" "Please be careful that he doesn't get run over by a four wheeler." I threw in "have fun" because it seemed like the right thing to say. I started thinking, "when does a mother quit worrying?"
So, for all you hard workers out their... enjoy your day off. And have a beer for me.
1 comment:
Actually I don't have the hang of it all yet, just today I was on someones blog asking how to do something. You can Email me if you have any questions, I can try to help. costa.lori@gmail.com I don't think you can change your web address for the blog withoug deleting it and starting over, but I will ask my sister tomorrow. She has been blogging for a while, she is usually my resource, but she's camping this holiday weekend! I have to work. But at least tonight it's holiday pay! Gotta love that.
Post a Comment