Saturday, September 29, 2007

LIFE

I love my job. I hate my job. It's an adrenaline rush. It's frustrating. But what it really is is a reality check. I've learned that it doesn't take more than a second for your life to change. A cancer invading the body without anyone knowing. A drunk driver who kills someone's child. A heart attack. In an instant life will not be the same. I think because of my job and what I see I tend to be more sensitive to this. I constantly think, "When is it going to be me?" "When is something bad going to happend to me or my family." Sometimes I wonder if I should just get a CT scan of my whole body but I think my doctor would just think I'm crazy! It's kind of sad to live like there is this black cloud overhead but, on the other hand, it makes me realize how much I have and how thankful I am for all of my blessings. Live like there's no tomorrow!

4 comments:

Lori said...

I know how you feel, whenever I see bad stuff in the ER I always think how much it would suck if that happened to me. Now that I'm pregnant I think more along the lines of I hope that never happens to my child.

Anonymous said...

I found you through Lori's comment page. I work oncology so my "when is it going to affect me" involves every little ache/pain/twitch/itch being cancer related. I worry for my family always... I love my job. I hate my job. Some times, knowing too much can be detrimental.

I completely understand being thankful and grateful.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can completely relate with you on this. I was always so happy that 'ONLY' heart disease runs in our family, but now that we have an aunt and uncle who both died of cancer, it sheds a whole new light on things. Let's just hope and pray that one day we fall asleep in our rocking chairs and never wake up. Love you, Mem

Anonymous said...

P.S. By the way I don't press on Anonymous. What am I doing wrong??? hehehe