Thursday, November 15, 2007
It's my party...
Last night, or maybe I should say this morning, I got home from work around 1:45 am. I always check on Max before I go to bed and this night was no different. He was out like a light. I covered him up with his blankets and closed his door. Just as I was turning off the porch light I heard him stir... and then yell. Hoping his pacifier would help him fall back asleep I plopped it in his mouth, covered him up again and left his room. All was good until I shut the door. Then he began to cry again. It really isn't crying so much as it is him yelling his disapproval. I waited a few minutes to see if he would settle on his own. No luck. I rocked him and sang is favorite songs. He was cuddly and quiet. I tried putting him back in his crib. Again... fine until I closed the door. I gave up and brought him into bed with me. After convincing him that it was still nighttime he fell asleep. Unfortunately for him, and his future spouse, he has inherited my sleeping habits. I am like a fish out of water. I don't just roll over... I flop over. My husband describes it as a sort of acrobatic maneuver. Realizing the potential for severe injury if we collided mid air I decided to put Max back in his crib. Same thing again. Back in bed again with me. Now an hour later and still no sleep I decided just to keep him in bed and hope that we both can eventually fall asleep. I roll (sorry, flop) over and am facing away from him. He then decides to crawl over top of my head and put his face in my face (now we're nose to nose) and say, "Hi." I lost it and began laughing. This woke my husband up. Normally an early riser, he gets up and says "I'm really not tired anymore. It's 3:30 am. The plan was he would stay up with Max for awhile and then when he finally gave it to sleep (which was at 5am), Rob would go to work. I went to bed. And then I heard "choo choo." Max was playing with his train... with all it's bells and whistles. So much for sleep. The whole family was up. We had toast and homemade jam and Max was on the go. It was a party at 3:30 am. I finally went to bed around 4am and slept until 8 when, like clockwork, Max woke up. Sometimes you just have to party, no matter what age you are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So your one of those crazy parents who lets thier kids stay up all night. I was working the other night and a mom brought her 10mos old in for a bump on her nose because she fell just before coming to the ER. It was 4am, why is your child awake at 4am? I asked. She said she likes to stay up at night so she tries to keep her daughter on her schedule. Crazy huh?
P.S. I don't really think your crazy!
Post a Comment