Friday, February 15, 2008
Someone....
... please put me out of my misery! I don't know for sure but I suspect I have come down with a case of influenza. It's that time of year and I didn't get vaccinated. It started with a cough, the same cough I get every year that sounds like I'm hacking up a lung, but then the muscle aches, the chills/sweats, stuffy/runny nose and a fever. Now I didn't have the typical high fever that most get with the flu but it was enough to make me miserable. I went to bed last night around 6:30pm and slept until 8am. I took a nice long nap today and then Rob and Max went to his parent's house to give me a break. I've been horizontal for so long I thought I'd come whine on my blog. About not getting vaccinated... I heard on the news today that the vaccine offered this year was only covering about 40% of the influenza cases this year. I really don't have a good reason for not getting vaccinated. I guess I feel like I'm a tough ER nurse who is exposed to everything and has an immune system made of steel. Max just has a runny nose so far and Rob has no complaints. I just want everyone to be healthy before our trip to Florida- T- minus 10 days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Shame on you for not getting the flu shot, and shame on me too for not getting it.
I never wanted to get the flu shot for the same reason you said, but then someone told me I should get it to protect the patients I take care of, since as you know, when you get the flu you are contagious before you know you have it. That is when I decided to start getting it. This year, I just forgot.
Hope you feel better soon, sis. A little Florida sunshine will do you good ;-)
Mem ( don't know what happened to the Nickname option :-< )
I hope you ar feeling better!! I did get the flu shot this year, some years I don't. I haven't had it yet and I am still crossing my fingers that I don't get it because as you said it's not very effective this year. Have fun on your trip!
Post a Comment