Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring is in the air!

What a nice weekend to end a busy week! I was at a conference in Ann Arbor Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I love this conference and have gone just about every year since I've been a nurse. It's put on by the University of Michigan Survival Flight team. The conference is not so busy but it's the getting ready for it that can make a week busy. Rob handled single parenthood like a champ. He had to work but took care of the daycare arrangments on his own. I miss them so much when I'm gone but now Max can talk on the phone so that helps a little.

Saturday we had my family over for dinner. We grilled out burgers, had homemade potatoe salad and baked beans. This is our favorite summer time meal. The weather was finally nice enough that Max was able to get out his Gator and take it for a drive. His cousin Aaron was his passenger and those two were giggling so much it was infectious.





Today we went to church and then just hung out for the rest of the afternoon. We visited with our new neighbors. They have 2 boys ages 7 and 11 and Max thinks they are so cool. He is like a shadow around them. They just finished building their house and will be moving in soon. It'll be nice to have neighbors this summer.

4 comments:

Missy said...

YAY! A new blog entry to read! I love it! Wasn't it a great weekend! Finally some weather we can enjoy. My kids got their gator out too, it was the perfect day for it. Spring Fever is taking over for sure!

Lori said...

Your property looks so cool with the trees and the wide open woods. And what a great playhouse.
I'm sure we will have to buy a gator for Anthony as soon as he gets a little bigger. Looks like a lot of fun for a little boy.

Anonymous said...

Such adorable little buggers ;-) Isn't this the absolute best time of the year??? Not too hot! Not too cold! Perfect! Wanna see you all soooooooo bad!!!!!!!

Jamey said...

That gator looks like fun! My boys are too big now for those toys, but my daughter wants a barbie jeep! Your weather looks much nicer than ours. We have had a nice day here and there, but mostly we have had winter storm warning again and again. Yuck!! I am tired of snow!!