Monday, March 31, 2008

A perk.

One of the perks of working in the emergency department, or medical field, is free medical advice. I took advantage of this perk today after Max informed me, while driving down the road, that he had put a goldfish cracker in his nose. I believed him since he was whining and sticking his finger up there trying to get it out. I pulled over and looked and, sure enough, there it was. So I called one of the docs I work with who told me to cover the unaffected nostril and blow as hard as I could into his mouth. It worked. The goldfish cracker was catapulted out of his nose. I have snot and goldfish remnents on my left shoulder to prove it. I LOVE being a mom!

5 comments:

Missy said...

Oh my gosh that's hilarious! Cole and Kendall have both done that and I've never quite used that method to get it out! Glad Max is goldfish free! Thanks for the laugh!

Ethan's Mom said...

That is hysterical! I'm going to have to remember that one! Which doc told you that?

Anonymous said...

That is soooo funny! When they are as small as Max, the little nostrils are still so small and delicate ;-) I would never have thought of te doctor's idea, mainly cuz I probably would have panicked. Here's to motherhood!!!!!

Jamey said...

That's funny! It is nice to have that advantage as a nurse. I'm glad to hear that the goldfish was easily removed. Poor Max!

Lori said...

Interesting technique, I'd like to see a doctor try that in the ER. :)