Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sadness

I heard the most agonizing sound ever. This sound has been burned into my soul. It was the wail of a mother who just experienced the death of her child. I cannot comprehend nor imagine the loss she feels. I cried. This is how I started my 12 hour night shift.

2 comments:

Jamey said...

I'm sorry about your night. That makes for a LONG shift! But an even longer life for that mother. Unfortunately we experience this a lot in the NICU and previously in L&D where I used to work. This is definately a hard profession to deal with at times. I find it also makes me appreciate the little things in my life that I sometimes take for granted. I hope you were able to get some good sleep and can go on about your day today without too much sadness lingering. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

That's so sad ;-( I couldn't imagine my life without my kids. I hope to God that I go first. Our faith sure does come in handy doesn't it???

By the way, how dare you complain about Facebook being difficult to navigate, and now you have me learning this new blogger stuff!!! What was wrong with the old one???

Looking at your pictures right now...will comment later ;-)