Sunday, March 9, 2008

I've been converted

I used to only by the cheap one-ply toilet paper. The super-thin-be-careful-you-don't-poke-your-finger-through- type. I figured it's lifespan was short so why pay the extra bucks. Recently Rob has taken over the grocery shopping and last time he bought the luxury version of toilet paper. I'm a changed woman. Not only do you need half the amount, it just some much softer!

On the same note, I have recently replaced my Swiffer. I still use it but it is not first string. I liked the swiffer because I hate mop water and buckets. But it really wasn't making the cut. I have dark wood floors in my house and it always looked smeared after mopping. I was NOT seeing the "Five signs of clean" that Swiffer brags about in its commercials. I went back the the regular old mop and bucket and was amazed at the difference. It certainly doesn't stay clean for long with a 2 year old and a dog.

Thanks for reading this good for nothing post. It was either this or another blog about how sick I am of being sick!

5 comments:

Jamey said...

I love good toilet paper! I was converted a long time ago. So what did you replace your swiffer with? I used to use a swiffer too and gave it up when we moved. We have no hard wood here. I hope you are feeling better soon. It's no fun to work and take care of kids when you have such a lingering cold!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scoobers said...

Hi! I wanted to stop by and say thanks for visiting my blog :)
Lately I've been lax about posting and visiting so I'll need to start catching up soon!
It's always good to find another nurse blogger!

I've always been a fan of the two ply luxury TP! There are just some things in life you have to splurge on!

Anonymous said...

Okay now I'm convinced that I've been living abroad for too friggen long . . . what the heck is a 'swiffer'??? Obviously it's something to clean with so . . . don't really wanna know lol

Hey, why was that other comment deleted???

Lori said...

My mom always made us mop on our hands and knees with a bucket and rag. Now that really gets the floor clean, but now that I have my own house and I am the boss, there is no way I'm doing that.