I had my appointment with my OB last Thursday. I really like my doctor but he is ultra conservative. Part of that I like. He forces me to be patient. I've had 3 ultrasounds now and all have given me different due dates. He decided to go with the very fist ultrasound at 6 weeks, which he says is most accurate. That made my due date October 9 and a c-section date of October 2. I was hoping to have my c-section scheduled for the 30th of September but he said if I wanted that I would have to have an amniocentesis. He reports he has never seen it happen but it has been reported that babies born in the 38th week could still have immature lungs and require mechanical ventilation. But, October 2, just 2 days later, would be fine. Oh, well. What's 2 days anyway? The baby is measuring approx 6 inches from head to butt. I've been feeling him/her move since about 16 weeks. I've heard you feel the baby move earlier with subsequent pregnancies. I didn't feel Max until 18 weeks.
The BEST news I got this appointment was that I gained no weight! Every single appointment with Max the scale went up! I really feel I've had a "growth spurt" since the appointment and will probably make up for it at my 24 week.
We did not find out the gender of this little one...even though I was squinting so hard just in case I might see something! Rob stood strong and made me, too! (Easy for him... not so much for me!)
Some pics (click on pic to make it bigger):
2 comments:
Don't look too hard at that last picture:) Thanks for sharing, I love US photos!!
Oh now I'm all confused! I have such a strong feeling that it's a boy, but then again I see a "sleeping beauty" in the last picture. I don't care! I love her/him already ;->
Post a Comment