Memorial Weekend Project #1- The Garden
We planted a little bit of everything- tomatoes, jalepenos, green, yellow and red peppers, cukecumbers, pumpkins, zuchinni, watermelon, sunflowers. We left some room for strawberries and rhubarb.
Memorial Weekend Project #2- The LandscapingWe were very lucky to have a friend that used to do landscape design make up a landscape plan for us. It told us exactly what we needed and how much of it we needed as well. We started in the front and decided we would tackle that area first, then the back by the patio and finally the side yards. Since it's going to be a on going summer project we might as well do the areas we use most first. We must have planted a bazillion plants.... I quit counting after a million. It looks so nice though!
Most of our plants are perennials but I left this little area of annuals. I thought it would be fun to change it up every year!
(A weeping cherry tree is going where the yellow flat of flowers lays.)
Memorial Weekend Project #3- Keeping Max busy!
This little guy just loves to help. Sometimes though his helping is not really helping, if you know what I mean. He had a fun weekend, too. Sunday night some friends of ours came over and we grilled out and just caught up on what's been going on in our lives. They have a daughteer and she and Max played together. Yesterday we had a cook out with Rob's folks and his brother and family. They have 5 kids so there was lots of playing going on then, too.
Max and Kennedi
Memorial Weekend Project #4- Enjoy the parade!
This was not a project at all! We live in a small town and this was definitely a small town parade. I fell in love! Max rode on the tractor with Grandpa B. Put a steering wheel in front of him and he's happy. The air horn helped, too!
5 comments:
Max was absolutely adorable on that tractor! You could tell he knew exactly what he was doing! It was good to see you guys at the parade! The landscaping looks awesome! You had a busy weekend.
Nice pictures! Max seems to be getting bigger by the day ;-> Your blog is so nice. It really keeps me in touch with you and your beautiful family!
The landscaping is beautious Denise. Looks like Rob (I mean both of you) worked really hard this weekend. I'm glad Max is such a good helper.
I LOVE the landscaping Denise! Can you guys do our house next?
Max looks so adorable here!! :)..Can't wait to see you guys!!
Post a Comment