.... and I'm NOT talking about the golf club! I had my ultrasound on Monday and got the "official" results yesterday at my doctor's appointment. Apparently I make big babies. This one is already measuring 6lbs at 32 weeks gestation. At the same time gestation Max measured 6lbs 2 oz and was born weighing 10 lbs. I'm pretty sure this ultrasound is accurate. I told Rob that if this baby is a girl that I wanted her to be a "little girl" not a hefty one. (Not that I'm petite at all... I have German blood coarsing my veins for goodness sakes!) He told me, "It's ok... we'll just name her Bertha." What a sad nickname for this baby, isn't it? It's down right awful. I no longer have placenta previa but rather a "low lying" placenta. It doesn't really matter to me anymore because all thoughts of having a vaginal childbirth quickly vanished when I found out it was going to be another big baby! I have no desire to push out a bowling ball!
So, I think I'm down to about 42 days. I'm really no way prepared to bring home another baby yet. I haven't even sorted through Max's baby things or put up the crib. These will be my September projects, I guess. To say that I'm not nervous or anxious about having another child would be a lie. Sometimes I almost feel panicky. I keep trying to remember that having another child doesn't divide your love it multiplies it! I just wonder how it will all work out. I'm not the first person to have multiple kids! I feel so sleep deprived now that I worry about that. How will I manage with interrupted sleep and 2 kids? Max excitedly talks about his baby brother or sister almost on a daily basis. "When's the baby coming out?" "Can I take her for a ride on my Gator?" "Can I hold the baby?" I'm not expecting this but hoping that the excitement continues AFTER the baby comes!
1 comment:
You and me both girl! Cole was just under 10. I have to say though, the big ones come fast, he was out in under 3 hrs first painless contraction to birth. You'll be fine, and yes I had him naturally, no worse than my 8 pounder! Good luck :)
Post a Comment