The other day Rob, Max and I were out "picking the garden." I was checking out our watermelons and was surprised to see how many we have and how big they were. I lifted my shirt to expose my very pregnant belly and said to Max, "Hey Max, look, mom ate a whole watermelon." He looked at me with a little smirk and said, "That's harious, Mom." (Translated it means, "That's hilarious, Mom." I about peed my pants. Where does he get these words?
We've not done any scientific studies or anything like that, but we are pretty sure that chicken manure is like steroids to a vegetable garden. Our tomato plants are taller than Rob and we've been mass producing zucchini and cucumbers. The tomato plants are so heavy with fruit that they are falling over despite being caged.
I've got plans to can some salsa and tomatoes when they are ready to be picked. I would really like to can some spaghetti sauce. My dad did once, with meat, and it was sooo yummy! Rob and I already canned pickles. Our bread and butter pickles were awesome and the dills were good to, but just not like the bread and butter. I sound pretty ambitious... maybe too ambitious for being 8 months pregnant. Time will tell!
2 comments:
Sooooooo! Will I be taking some of these wonderful delicacies back to Chicago with me????? I love bread and butter pickles...yummy;) Oh and salsa mmmmmmmmmmmm
Sounds like you're feeling better...I'm glad :)
Oh and about Max's vocabulary, he absolutely amazes me. I told you that he's a very precocious boy. Can't wait to see (NOT kiss)
him ;-)
Post a Comment