I cannot believe how much I got accomplished today. It really makes a difference when you have a helper! And not a 2 year old helper! Today Rob and I canned some pickles. This was a first for both of us. Our garden has been in mass production. Our tomatoe and zucchini plants look like they are on steroids. We've had more zucchini and cucumbers then we knew what to do with! I'm really anxioius to get a taste test.
After we finished canning, we tackled house cleaning. It was absolutely filthy. I don't know how people can work, take care of kids, and keep a clean house. I don't have outrageous standards but sometimes it's just overwhelming. Rob took care of the toilets and vacuumed. I did the rest. I washed sheets on Max's bed, the guest bed, and our bed. Max woke up from his nap crying and told me he "went potty" in his bed. So, his sheets got washed twice today!
After the laundry, the dusting, mopping, etc., I was ready to check into a hotel so the house didn't get dirty!
Despite all this, I still managed to get a little nap in before heading to work. It certainly was a productive day... not one I'm ready to repeat anytime soon!
3 comments:
I love it when my house is that clean! It's not too much fun getting it that way, but I love it. I haven't really cleaned all summer...but the kids go to school in three weeks and then I will CLEAN from top to bottom. I can't wait:)
So, I guess I'll stop by soon and mess it up a little. ;-)
Hey Denise! Love to read blogs! now I have yours too! I am with you all the way with the house cleaning stuff! It is never ending!!! And our garden seems as though it is on steroids as well! LOL! I have yet to tackle canning- so good for you and Rob!
Post a Comment