Ok. I think I'm nesting. Here's why.
Last weekend I got out my planner and scribbled notes on different days of stuff that I wanted to get accomplished...put laundry away, wash clothes I just took off and any newly dirtied item that didn't make the last load, clean out car, take car to get washed, take Max on picnic (got out of that one for weather related reasons), call hospital to make sure I'm registered, call insurance to confirm something (?), schedule haircuts, schedule newborn portrait session, get Max new winter clothes, take Max on playdate with his cousin, clean house, clean again, make salsa.
This past week I became obsessed with getting Max some new winter duds. I went to one store on 3 seperate occassions just to make sure I got all the stuff that I wanted. They were having a sale plus I had ten 20% off coupons to applied to the sale stuff. Can't beat that, right?
On Thursday my aunt and I planned to make salsa. I chopped all the veggies the night before and started everything else first thing Thursday morning. We were finished by early afternoon. My body was hating me so I decided to lay down. I couldn't fall asleep so I got up and kept thinking of all the stuff not yet accomplished. My previous trip to the grocery store ended up with me purchasing 10 pounds of hamburger. We really don't eat that much red meat... but you just never know. So, after canning 16 quarts of salsa, I decided to make 2 tater tot casseroles, one for dinner and one for the freezer. Our small group was coming over on Friday for a cookout so I pattied up some burgers and then froze the rest of the meat in 1 pound packages. After dinner Rob was going to help me clean the house up a bit. (Gotta love him.) When the time came I told him I had no umption in my gumption (a line from one of Max's kid CD's that seemed very appropriate) so why don't he and Max pop some popcorn and watch a movie while I put away the laundry. Ok, I finished that task and tried to relax and watch some tv. I became obsessed with the fact that I hadn't cleaned the toilets. One by one they got cleaned. Along with the rest of the bathroom. In Max's bathroom I noticed hard water stains on the walls of the shower. Since I felt like I couldn't adequately clean the shower without being in it, I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and shower while I was cleaning it. Now that's done. It's almost 11pm now so I try to sleep. I'm having a hard time because I haven't vacuumed or mopped the floors yet. If Max hadn't been sleeping I'm sure I would have done that as well. I had scheduled a massage for later the next morning. My plan was to get up and clean the floors, have my massage and relax until our small group came home. Well, I had the massage which was AWESOME, but then counteracted all the good of the massage by running errands ALL AFTERNOON! I got home with about an hour to spare before our friends came over. We had a great time together. BUT, as soon as they left (around 10pm) I was washing the dishes that hadn't fit into the dish washer, picking up the house, and vacuuming and mopping the floors (AGAIN)!. I have never vacuumed and mopped twice in one day.
I've been known to be impulsive and sometimes a little obsessive but the level of this obsession and compulsion was quite scary. I think Rob was even a little nervous. The only thing I haven't crossed off my to do list is pack my bag for the hospital. So between working this weekend, a 40th birthday party for our friend tonight and church and potluck tomorrow, I will pack my bags. Hopefully, this will sway mother nature into sending me into labor early! Here's to hoping.
P.S.
Have I mentioned I don't have ankles anymore? More like cankles.
1 comment:
If not the nesting, than maybe all that hard physical work will put you into labor. I'm tired just reading about it.
Post a Comment