At the end of my life, I want to be able to say, "I had fun." I took care of a cute, giddy on Morphine, little 90 year old lady last night that had been married to her super cute but demented husband for 70 years. I asked her, "So, what's the secret to staying married that long?" She chuckled and then told me her secret... which I won't share because I might blush. I felt like I was talking to one of my best friends and not a 90 year old lady! Let's just say it was all about S E X. Yep, she brought it up. Not me. But in the end, she and her hubby both said, "We had fun." I want to be able to look back on my life when I'm 90 years old, God willing, and say, "I had fun." I'm sure she had days that were so busy and chaotic, maybe even sad and disappointing. Her husband did say several times, "We fought that war." There are "wars" that I'm fighting, mostly internally, but in the end I want to look back and just remember having fun, the good times, and all my blessings. My life is a blessing.
Lord, help me to make the most of today and all the days you give me.
Thank you for putting people in my life that give me perspective on the things that matter most.
No comments:
Post a Comment