Thursday, February 3, 2011

Florida- Day 5


Today we went to Magic Kingdom.  Today was completely Magical.  

We told Max this morning that we were going to do something fun.  He kept asking us what so I finally told him that we were going to a car wash and then back home to play UNO.  It was a completely off the wall and random comment but he was thrilled with the idea of this little adventure.  He was so cute!

Our resort is only about 10 miles from the entrance to Disney.  As we were pulling up to the entrance I asked Max and Leah who wanted to see Micka Mouse (that's what Leah calls Mickey).  They both screamed, "I do!".   After Max realized that I had been pulling his leg and there was no car wash or UNO in the near future he just sat, speechless, in the back of the car with a perma-grin plastered to his face.

As soon as we entered Magic Kingdom I became very emotional.  It was so cool to see the look on the kids face and to experience their excitement!  I felt so blessed to be able to do this with and for my children.  We really weren't planning on going to Disney this trip because the kids were so young and still napping during the day but Rob and I are so excited that we made the choice to go.  We spent the day at Magic Kingdom and stayed for the Electric Parade and then the fireworks.  The kids were absolutely fabulous.  Leah wasn't feeling very well and I believe she had a fever most of the day.  Sarah didn't nap a wink the entire day but was so good.  She got frustrated being contained in the stroller at times but after an occassioanal reprieve she would sit back and take in all the sights.  Max was in theme park heaven.  He had so much fun and I will never forget the look on his face while he was watching the fireworks.  It was priceless.

We spent about 9 hours at the park and really got to see everything we wanted too.  Rob and I sort of planned out what we wanted to see and do last night.  I was armed with a Magic Kingdom map and was on a mission to make sure we made the most of our day.  The weather couldn't have been any better.  It was in the 70's and mostly sunny.

Rob and I remarked about how clean and well run everything is.  It's kind of like they've been doing this for a few years or something!

Everything about this day was magical!  I can't wait to come back again.  Next time it will be when the girls are older and we don't have naps to contend with or strollers to push.  I guess we should start saving since next time the girls won't be free-  and we definitely don't want to end up at a car-wash!


I love this picture.  I only wish Sarah was in it!

The kids were so excited to see Micka Mouse.... until it was our turn to have our picture taken.  Leah was going to give them hugs and kisses and then totally froze! 

Waiting for the fireworks.

My sick, and exhausted, little girls.  They did ok but I wish they had been feeling better so they could have had more fun!

Max totally engrossed in the fireworks.

No comments: