Father in Heaven-
I come to you tonight with a heavy heart. I am scared. I'm nervous. I ask for your cover of protection; for safe travels this coming week. I'm embarking on a journey and I'm scared. I want to do Your work but I'm feeling selfish. I don't want to leave my family. Please watch over them this week. I pray for a week of "normalcy"for them. Max is scared about me going, afraid that the earthquake will "come back." Please calm his fears. My kids are so little, please protect them. Never let them doubt how much I love them. Thank you, God, for a husband that is willing to stay home and be Mr. Mom while I take this trip. Please let this week be one that is smooth and easy for them. Thank you for all the people in our life so ready to help us. Please let this experience be one that makes us closer, Lord. Closer to You and as a Family. Please, Lord, grant me a sense of peace. Let me be a blessing.
Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great
delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you
with singing."
2 comments:
I am praying for you, Denise! I will pray specifically for your peace of mind in the next 2 days as you get ready to leave. We will be praying for your whole family while you are gone. I KNOW that God has great plans for you and that the people of Haiti will be blessed by you.
Please make sure Rob knows he can call if he needs anything. I'm looking forward to hearing stories and seeing pictures.
You are loved!
Tracey (and the rest of the Willemsteins)
Have a great trip Denise!! I can't imagine what you are feeling as you prepare to leave your kids. But you are doing something amazing! Have a safe trip!!
Post a Comment