Sunday, March 7, 2010
Sarah Mae's Engagement
Our sweet Sarah was baptized today and I love the analogy our pastor uses when he baptizes a baby. He says that the child is now engaged to God. That we, as parents, are making the commitment in her life (the engagement) to teach her about Jesus and guide her along the path that will one day lead her make Profession of Faith and accept Jesus Christ as her Savior (the marriage). What a beautiful day! What a wonderful God!
After feeling down in the dumps for the past few days, I now feel more renewed and refreshed. I know that God is by my side and I just need to turn to him for he knows what I need. He knows my struggles... all I need to do is turn to Him.
I love this picture of Sarah. She is so sweet I just can't stand it. How blessed I've been in my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a beautiful posting and a beautiful baby!! I'm sure it was an awesome day :) Hang in there with everything - you are doing HIS work and HE will help you through it!! {{hugs}}
Post a Comment