Saturday, March 6, 2010

It's a whirlwind kind of life.

Maybe I brought in on myself.  Maybe not.  Maybe a little of both.  Lately the day seems only seconds long, the weeks only a few days and months seems to fly by one after another.  The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind.  So much so that it seems hazy at times.  I chose to go to Haiti so the business that revolves around that is my own fault.  But I didn't choose for dad to have a stroke. It's not just my dad and Haiti.  It's a lot of other things.  It's work.  Kids.  And all the other things that need to happen to survive  and thrive.... cleaning, cooking, bathing, etc. It's just timing and maybe a challenge.  A test.  Who am I going to call on the help me get through this?  I had a pity party for myself today.  I was feeling so overwhelmed and tired and just wish I had my mom around.  Someone that I know I can just say, "Hey, I'm drowning here."  "Can you bail me out?"  Then I started thinking that yes, I would love to have my mom around to help out but the One I really need to call on is here always.  He might not babysit in the physical sense but He sure is able to lighten my load, to give me the strength and stamina to endure these few weeks, and the grace to know I can.  That has been my prayer today.

No comments: