Sunday, March 14, 2010

T-minus 7 days.

Just seven short but extremely busy days until I leave for Haiti. I'm equally excited as I am scared! This is going to be just a phenomenal and life changing experience! I'm praying for God to use me!

I have most of the logistical stuff figured out... daycare plans if Rob has to work, dinners for Rob and the kids, etc. This week I'm going to be focusing on the orginzational stuff. I want to make the 10 days I'm gone as easy as possible for Rob. So I'd like to have all the laundry done, the house cleaned and all my notes on a single page for him. We have been humbled by the out pouring of support from our friends and family. We've had so many offers to deliver meals or to have Rob and the kids over for dinner as well as offers to babysit if Rob needs a break. Rob said to me last night, "This might be easier than when you are home." :-) I know there are days that I'm ready to check out as soon as Rob gets home and check's in! Please pray for Rob and the kids. Pray for a smooth week!

I still have to pack. I have to get 10 days worth of clothing and necessitites into my single carry on bag. I'm taking this challenge head on. I learned alot about packing when I went to Nicaragua about 10 years ago. Ziploc bags are your friend. Removing everything from it's original packaging and stick it in a ziploc bag. From what I've heard from previous groups that have been to Haiti, mosquitos and bugs will be in abundance while food and showers are not! Any volunteers to pick me up from the airport? Just kidding! Rob is stuck with that job!

I want to get the majority of my stuff done soon because I want to spend the rest of the week just hugging and kissing and playing with my kids (and Rob, too!) I get a bit anxious just thinking about leaving them. We've been talking about my trip to Max and that I was going to be gone for 10 days. I asked him if he could be a big boy and help daddy with the girls. He, very matter of factly, told me that "No, I'll help with Sarah but you need to take Leah with you and leave her there." The days of Max being over protective of his sister are GONE!

Please pray for safe travels and for a wonderful experience in Haiti. And don't forget Rob and the kids!

No comments: