The guests are all gone. The house is picked up. The birthday boy is in bed. The past 24 hours are a blur. Thursday night we hosted our small group's Christmas party. I really enjoyed myself and just love having people over. It was especially nice this year... being in the new house and all. Our small group is a blast and our gift exchange was interesting. Anybody want some Colt 45 and pickled eggs? How about a stuffed dog that does "tricks?" (I won't even go there.) Let me just say that my dog Graham thought he found the love of his life.
Two years ago today at 1:25pm I delivered a 10 pound, 22 1/2 inch long baby boy! What a day that was... what a blessing the past 2 years have been. Tonight was Max's 2nd birthday party. It might seem overwhelming to have 2 parties in a row but it actually worked out nice. I really only had to clean the house once! I spent about 3 hours (nope, not a typo) decorating Max's birthday cake today (what you won't do for your child)! Thomas the Train was our theme. I'll post pictures tomorrow. I'm too whooped to do it tonight. I can't believe our little boy is two. I've been reflecting this past week on the past 2 years. Here are some of my thoughts and lessons learned.
1. It is true that I would do anything for my child.
2. He is the cutest kid in the whole world. (Remember, these are my thoughts.)
3. He is the sweetest kid in the whole world. (Refer to disclaimer in thought #2).
4. Don't wear black when your child has a snotty nose.
5. Your heart really can melt.
6. Cherish the midnight feedings/rocking/cuddling times. It's a special time together, just the two of you. Eventually they sleep through the night.
7. I will check on him every night, at least once, until he's who knows how old. I haven't missed a night in the past 2 years.
8. They truly grow up too fast.
9. You can never love them too much. You can never hug or kiss them too much. (They may protest, however!)
10. There isn't a job in the world I'd rather have than being a mother.
4 comments:
I found your blog just clicking around on other blogs. I really can't pinpoint exactly how.
Anyways, adoption is just as rewarding and amazing as giving birth to a child.
We are in the process to adopt a littel boy from Ukraine and should be traveling in early spring to meet him and bring him home.
God Bless.
My little nephew Max (whom I've only had the pleasure of feeling when he was in his mommy's belly) just turned two :-> Amazing how time flies!!! Happy birthday little one...your aunt Memmy will bring you nice presents from the land of the pharaohs this summer. Love you all!!! Muah!!!
Denise, Nick just turned 6 and I still check on him everynight. When I get up to go to the bathroom, I walk in his room and give him a kiss. He asks me every once in a while if I kissed him last night and he told me the other day to keep doing it.
Wow 10 pounder huh? And I thought my baby boy was a biggie.
Glad to hear those midnight feedings will be something I will look back on and cherish. Right now I think Im too exhausted to appreciate them.
I agree you cant love them too much, or hug and kiss them too much. Although it may spoil them just a little. My baby is already so used to being constantly held he is no longer satisfied to sit in his swing or his bouncer.
Post a Comment