Monday, January 21, 2008

Bob the Builder

Last week Rob and I took Max to the Children's Museum where they were unvailing their new Bob the Builder exhibit. Max first found out about Bob at the library. He found a BTB book and loved it because of all the equipment Bob used(just like his dad). Anyway, we checked out the book, Max got sick and puked on the book, we bought the book from the library and threw it away. Not that that story matters but since then he gets so excited about BTB. My sister gave him some hand me down jammies that were Bob and that just escalated the BTB fever. So when the museum sent out an ivitatin for a "Members Only" BTB party we had to go. We brought along one of Max's 3 year old friends. I thought Max had energy, but Luke has at least twice the amount of Max. We lost the 2 of them within the first 10 minutes of being there. Rob and I were in line to get dinner and the kids were playing on one of the toys. The next time we looked over (maybe a minute) they were gone. I wasn't to panicky at first but it didn't take long before I was ready to close the museum down and call for an all out search. We finally found them at the other end of the museum on the 2nd floor. From that point on Rob and I decided it was going to be man on man defense.

It was awesome! Here are a few pictures:



After we found the two runaways we sat down for our BTB picnic.

The highlight for Max was when Bob came out to visit the kids. He was jumping up and down and was in absolute awe. I'm not sure this picture truly captures the look on his face when he saw him for the fist time. I though he would be crying or scared.





And finally, a couple of fun pictures.

3 comments:

Jamey said...

Ohhh...that looks so fun. My Max LOVED BTB so much when he was that age. He was Bob 2 or 3 years in a row for Halloween. I thought he would never outgrow it, but I think he finally has. (He's almost 8) What a fun day and it looks like Max had a blast!

Anonymous said...

They look so cute ;-) Who's the other little boy??? I wish I had a picture of you and your cabbage patch doll, but I think you were a little older. Hey how come AK and Vonnie never comment on your blog??? Are the too busy??? Anyway, I'm so glad you're sharing those precious moments with me. Ah! Hello!!! Facebook every now and then would be simply grand lol

Unknown said...

Hi Marion-

Denise showed me how to comment. Just a quick hi!