Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Motivation

I now have new motivation to shed the pounds. I'm a ticking time bomb! The hospital where I work has been offering free cholesterol screenings to all staff and their spouses. Acutally, they are paying us $125 to have the test done and to answer a health questionaire. Sounded like a quit $125 so I enrolled. My cholesterol came back- I was stunned. My total was 217 and my triglycerides were 218. I am 1/10th of a point from being in the "very high risk group" for developing CAD or having a heart attact or stroke. Right now I'm just in the "high risk group." I think I may have had my first mini panic attack last night after seeing these results. This is certainly motivation!

2 comments:

Jamey said...

That is scary, especially with your family history. I hope this elliptical plan works for you. Don't get too discouraged the first week. It might take a few weeks to see even the first pound!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I had my first weigh in this past Thursday and actually gained a pound. I told myself that I wouldn't let it discourage me, but it did. I went home and ate the biggest melted cheese sandwich (I'm on South Beach) and for desert, I had a huge brownie. The next day I got on the scale, and discovered that I had lost two pounds. I swear I'm not making this up ;->. Anyway, now I am motivated to get right back on the wagon. Remember.........skinny jeans, sis!!!!!!! lol

P.S Ahmed takes tablets for his high cholesterol. Can't remember the name right now, but they are natural from what I've heard (kind of expensive tho).