Sunday, January 27, 2008
I'm about ready to explode!
So, for the past 3 weeks minus a occassional slip up or splurge, I've been eating pretty healthy. I have felt so much better. It's hard to describe but I have more energy and feel like I'm just walking taller. I haven't felt bloated and just feel skinnier. I know, sounds silly. I haven't completely given up on my diet coke addiction but have certainly cut back. I don't keep it in the house and only drink it with certain meals if eating out or at work. Confession time. Tonight at work I went to the cafeteria to get something to eat. I am a rare breed and usually like cafeteria food. Tonight nothing looked good so I had a cheesburger and fries. Immediately after eating it I felt aweful. Not so much because I totally pigged out but felt physically sick. Since then I have been feeling bloated, fat, and like I need to (TMI warning!) poop. I'm not sure if it was the pop, the red meat (it has been a long time since I've had any) or just the combination. To make matters worse I finished it off a couple of hours later with a Snickers bar. What the heck? The crazy thing about the past 3 weeks is that I have not been craving chocolate; I have not had the urge to snack between meals and I've attibuted it to the fact that I've got my insulin/glucose levels in balance because I've been eating better. I now truly believe the effect a good diet has on physical and emotional well being. Anyway, I'm dragging right now. I can't wait for this night to be over so I can start new tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, I know exactly how you feel. I have fallen off the wagon for over a week now, and I feel so bloated and disgusting. Don't know how to get motivated again. Since I'm on vacation and we're saving money for the summer, I just sit around the house and eat. Tell me, why aren't you eating red meat? What diet are you on??? Good luck, sis!!!
One bad day wont hurt you. Just remember how bad you felt when you screwed up and hopefully you wont be as tempted next time.
It's a lot easier to give others advice than to take it for myself, I am on a diet too, and not making much progress. My florida vacation is less than a month away and I am no where near bathing suit ready.
I know that feeling well and usually get that no matter what I eat on night shift. We call it graveyard gut:)
Post a Comment