Bad News: I weighed myself today. No, I wasn't surprised... just disgusted.
Good News: The elliptical was put together tonight and I had a 25 minute work-out.
I'm commited to make some changes. I ride Rob's butt all the time about cancer and stuff like that. He quit smoking 2 years ago which made me really happy but in its place he started chewing. I kept pointing the finger at hime and telling him how selfish he was to put tobacco in front of his family. I really should have been the one at which the finger was pointing. It was my mother that had a pacemaker at the age of 34 and died from a cardiac arrest at age 40. It is my dad who has diabetes, htn, and had open heart surgery at the age of 53. It is my aunt who has had several heart attacks and open heart surgeries. What was I doing to try to decrease my risks? Hmmm, let me think. Nothing.
I'm doing this for Max. So he doesn't grow up without a mother. I'm doing it for myself so I can feel better about myself. I'm doing this for Rob so he doesn't have to listen to me gripe about how fat I feel.
I'm not expecting quick results and drastic changes. I'm hoping to just adjust my lifestyle. I know there is a chance that I will get pregnant. Then my hope is that I just maintain and not gain.
My "Sole" and I are off to a good start!
3 comments:
I know exactly what you mean, sis. I've outlived mom by six years and am very grateful for my good health. Don't wanna push it though. We'll do it together. If I lose 30 pounds, I'll just be considered plain fat. Right now I am in the first stage of obesity (think there are four stages). Yeah, let's suprise each other this summer and buy some skinny jeans together. lol
I've seen pictures of you on your blog and your not FAT! But I know we are our own worst critics.
Keep it up, and good luck getting pregnant this year.
I'll be weighing myself every Thursday (end of the work week in Egypt). Are you planning on doing a weekly check, too??? If yes, let's race ( for motivational purposes of course) ;->
Post a Comment