Saturday, January 26, 2008
Dave says....
We went to GR the other night to see Dave Ramsey at the Van Andel Arena. He is such an entertaining and motivating speaker. He is literally a wealth of information. Rob and I felt reaffirmed that we were doing the right things to get out of debt. We've decided that we our going to attack my school loans with "gazelle-like" intensity. That's one of Dave's catch phrases. After my school loans are gone then it's just the mortgage. Hopefully we'll be able to call into Dave's show and yell at the top of our lungs, "WE'RE DEBT FREE!" Our goal is to get my $30,000 in school loans paid off in 2 years. It might take us 10 years or so to tackle the mortgage but never fear, I'll let you know when it happens so you can tune into his talk show and hear us scream! So, if you ask us to do something, go somewhere and we say, "Uhm, it's not in Dave's plan" you'll know what were talking about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was in credit card debt in excess of $10,000 4 years ago when I first moved to Michigan. I put every extra dollar I had towards it and got it paid off in 2 years just before I got married. I was pretty proud of myself. It does feel really good to be credit card debt free.
$30,000 still? Wow! But it was still worth it, I'm sure you're an amazing nurse.
I am so jealous you guys got to see Dave Ramsey in person. This past summer Chris' parents gave us his books on CD and we listened to all of them within 2 days!! We love his show on talk radio! He really got us excited about paying off our student loans ASAP and then hopefully the mortgage. Our ultimate goal is to retire early!! Keep up with the exercise and eating healthier, it really sounds like you are seeing the benefits!
Post a Comment